Why it matters? Just think of it this way, Google and Facebook generate more revenue than any traditional media company because they control more eyeballs. Specifically, that’s why digital marketing matters, it is where the attention is.
According to the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), 94% of content marketers changed their strategy in 2020 due to the pandemic, significantly reshuffling their messaging approach and adjusting their editorial calendars. While these may be necessary reactions in the short term, the CMI argues that organizations will need to continue to research and understand internet users’ changing needs when developing their strategy in the long term.
1. You can expect about 67% more leads every month if your brand has a blog (compared to ones that don’t!).
2. The most successful marketers spend 40% of their total marketing budget on content marketing. The average for all respondents is 26%.
3. 18% of local searches done on mobile devices lead to a sale within a day.
4. 70% of internet users want to learn about products through content versus traditional advertisements.
5. Top five B2B content marketing tactics: Social media content 92%; eNewsletters 83%; articles on your website 81%; blogs 80%; in-person events 77%.